- This event has passed.
Webinar: Racial Justice and Climate Change
July 30, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Join Four Twenty Seven and Moody’s for a webinar exploring the ways in which climate change and racial justice intersect.
- Yoon Kim, Managing Director, Global Client Services, Four Twenty Seven
- Ram Sri-Saravanapavaan, Lead Analyst, Global Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) and Climate Risk, Moody’s Investors Service
- Jesse Keenan, Associate Professor and Social Scientist, School of Architecture, Tulane University
- Michael Méndez, Assistant Professor, School of Social Ecology, Department of Urban Planning and Public Policy, University of California, Irvine
- Natalie Ambrosio Preudhomme, Director, Communications at Four Twenty Seven, will moderate.
- Provide an overview of the history of environmental injustice in the U.S.
- Explore the ways in which disproportionate exposure to climate hazards is connected to this history, how climate change affects access to capital, and the linkages and implications for communities of color
- Discuss opportunities for social equity to be integrated into climate adaptation and investment and lending decisions
Register here to attend the webinar at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 4pm BST