- This event has passed.
Resilience as a Business: How the Private Sector Can Turn Climate Risk into Business and Investment
November 10, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
At COP23, Four Twenty Seven’s Director of Analytics Nik Steinberg will take part in the IDB panel, “Resilience as a Business: How the Private Sector Can Turn Climate Risk into Business and Investment.” This panel, hosted at the Hilton Bonn on November 10 from 5:30-8:00pm, will bring together corporate stakeholders and private investor to explore how to further develop the business ecosystem and support investable resilience solutions.
Other speakers include:
- Moderator: Amal-Lee Amin, Chief of Climate Change and Sustainability Division, Inter-American Development Bank
- Representative, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan (TBC)
- Mari Yoshitaka, Chief Consultant of Clean Energy Finance Division, Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co. Ltd.
- Barbara Buchner, Executive Director of Climate Finance Program, Climate Policy Initiative
- Jay Koh, Founder and Chair of GARI, and Managing Director of the Lightsmith Group
The event is organized by the PROADAPT Program (co-funded with Nordic Development Fund) and the Climate Change and Sustainable Development Department of the Inter-American Development Bank, together with Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co. Ltd., and the Global Adaptation and Resilience Investment Working Group (GARI).