Market expectations on corporate climate risk disclosures are fast changing as corporations, investors, and regulators are attempting to increase efficiency and strengthen economic resilience through more transparency. This panel discussion, held at the 2017 Climate Leadership Conference on March 1, 2017, provides an overview of recent developments by US and EU regulators and Bloomberg’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures. Panelists shared how they are responding to the new regulatory context, challenges and opportunities arising from understanding climate impacts on business and markets, and expectations for further developments.
- Emilie Mazzacurati, Founder & CEO, Four Twenty Seven (moderator)
- Laline Carvalho, Director of the Financial Services Ratings Group at S&P Global
- Tim Dunn, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Terra Alpha Investments LLC
- Mardi McBrien, Managing Director, Climate Disclosure Standards Board
- Richard Saines, Partner; Head of North American Climate Change & Environmental Markets Practice, Baker McKenzie
You can listen to a recording of the panel here. Note that due to a technical issue with the recorder, the introductions from Laline Carvalho and Tim Dunn were unfortunately not captured.
For more information about the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, read our blog posts:
You can also watch our webinar discussing TCFD next steps, and issues to consider for implementation.