About Four Twenty Seven
Happening This Week
ARB released 2014 market information this Monday: the Auction Reserve Price will be $11.34 in 2014, and the state will auction 80 Mt of V14 and 37 Mt of V17 allowances. The summary of 2014 vintage industrial allocations provides data aggregated by sector. Finally, ARB provided estimates of state-auctioned allowances by fiscal year - stay tuned for our upcoming analysis on auction revenues.
Quebec is holding its first auction on Dec 3. Results will be available here on Dec 6 at noon.
Two interesting webinars this week. C2ES continues its webinar series on Business Resilience with a case study of Rio Tinto, a leader in the field of climate risk preparedness - December 4 at 11 am PT.
And the National Academy of Science is holding a public briefing on Tuesday, December 3 on "Abrupt Impacts of Climate Change" - the meeting is in DC but will be webcast here at 8 am PT.
Agrion is organizing a networking lunch meeting to discuss "What Will 2014 Bring to California cap-and-trade?". This meeting will review the November 19th auction, and expert panelists will provide their insights on the status and prospects for cap-and-trade in California and elsewhere in 2014. Tuesday December 10 at 11:30 am PT in San Francisco.
Join us at the Climate Leadership Conference on February 24-26 in San Diego, CA, organized by ACCO, the Climate Registry, EPA, and C2ES.
The Climate Leadership Conference is the annual exchange for addressing global climate change through policy, innovation, and business solutions.
More upcoming events: visit our Conference & Events page.
Four Twenty Seven on Twitter
- RT @climateearth: Loss of Natural Capital is a Risk to Countries’ Credit Ratings http://t.co/da8583nYlS #naturalcapital #ncms
- RT @nextgen_usa: As the climate warms, diseases spread to new areas in the US. Read about it in @USAToday http://t.co/XEn5FUmhK3
- "You can think of abrupt climate change as the drunk drivers of the earth system." via @nprnews http://t.co/rgw9uIRNEy
- Study Rebuts IPCC, Calls For More Severe Emissions Cuts | Climate Central http://t.co/Z7Jajnnagh via @sharethis
- RT @INCRnews: "A new political dynamic is emerging." Tackling "climate change is a winner, not a loser." - @TomSteyer http://t.co/EDXG1QMxJ…